Today I am thankful for…
- Running water.
- A safe place to live, where I can go running around my neighborhood without fear of getting mugged!
- Legs and lungs that work.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with friends and family who are hundreds of miles away.
- A steady job, that is challenging and where I’m learning a lot (and also making money)
- Books (!)
- My family.
- Friends who love the Lord and encourage me in the faith, and “stir up one another to love and good works.” (Heb 10:24)
- That I have access to the Bible wherever I am!
- That I am not alone, but I have the Holy Spirit as a counselor, comforter, helper, and guide.
- Knowing that whatever happens, God is good all the time. And even if the very worst should happen to me here on earth, “These light and momentary afflictions are preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.” (2 Cor. 4:17).
- That God did not leave me in my sin, but paid my debt and made me clean. That as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed my transgressions from me.
- That his love can never fail.
God is good, all the time.